Saturday, September 8, 2007

Soccer Season Begins

Soccer season is upon us and due to high enrollment and a lack of coaches, I ended up as the coach for Adam's team. Luckily one of the boys on the team has an older sister that plays soccer in high school and she is the assistant coach. I'm more of the figurehead and she actually knows about soccer. We had a practice last night where we met the team and decided on our team name, the Ninja Turtles. Then, our first game was this morning. Most of the players on our team have played before and they did really well. At this age they don't even really keep score, but Adam did make the last goal of the game and seems to have improved a lot since last year.

3 comments:

Maryann said...

Way to go Adam and coach Carl. Carl they can call you CC for short. Good luck this season Ninja Turtles. Hopefully we can catch a game when we are down for a visit.

Kent said...

Go Ninja Turtles Go! I bet Adam will be able to show off his soccer moves when he comes out to Utah next. We've been playing Kickball at Grandma and Grandpa Besaw's house. I think next time we play I want Adam on my team!

Miranda said...

Wow! The kids sure are growing up. I bet Adam is getting excited for his birthday. Kennedy walks around the house singing "Happy Birthday to Kennedy". We look forward to getting the updates through the blog.