Thursday, September 6, 2007

The First Day

Well it's hard to believe this day has finally arrived. Adam's first day of kindergarten and Annaka's first day of 5th grade. How can we be old enough to have a 5th grader?! It went very well for both of them. I was the emotional one. But I don't think I'm the only mother who has cried when sending their little one off to school for the first time. Even though he has gone to preschool for the past two years and last year went 5 days, it's not the same. No more skipping school because we just don't feel like going, and now he'll have homework. This is the real deal! And will be his life for the next 13+ years. Of course education is a gift and I am grateful my children have this wonderful opportunity.

Annaka was an old pro not even really wanting us to walk with her to class. She's growing up so fast. Her teacher is Ms. Neumann and Annaka says she seems very nice. Adam has the same teacher Annaka had for kindergarten, Mrs. Maichrowicz. He is in the same class as Kaylyn and Mark, and a couple other kids he knows so that is good for him. He was a little quiet when we first went into the classroom this morning, but when I picked him up he was all smiles. Tomorrow we start the afternoon schedule.Another school year upon us. Where does the time go? But we had a very fun and relaxing summer so it will be good to get back into a routine.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Let me be the first to comment and tell Amy that Carl's mom can atest that other mom's cry when their "babies" go off to school for the first time. I will look forward to your review of the football game. I'll watch for you on the broadcast.

Papa Rod

Maryann said...

You kids are growing up too fast. Kimberlee was so excited to see your pictures and was ready to get in the car to go see her Kaka and Addie. Have fun at the football game.

Kent said...

Congrats on starting your blog. I will have to do better about keeping ours updated.

I think one education that Adam is clearly getting is how to say names like Maichrowicz, makes me feel glad that my teacher was just Mrs. Hall. Much easier to pronounce and spell.

Good luck with the school year!