Sunday, September 16, 2007

Daddy Daughter Campout

This Friday was our annual Daddy Daughter Campout with church. Adam agreed that we could celebrate his birthday on Sunday so that Annaka and I could attend the campout. Friday is also the day we have soccer practice for Adam's team and since I'm the coach, I had to be there. Annaka went up to the campsite with her friend Cloe and I was going to meet up with her after soccer practice. I hurried home from soccer, packed the camp gear, and headed for the hills. I was a little bit of a grouch and wasn't looking forward to setting camp up in the dark after a busy day at work and soccer practice. I tried convincing Annaka that we could have just as much fun if we drove home after everyone went to bed instead of actually sleeping over, but of course that wouldn't really be camping and she didn't think it was as good an idea as I did. By the time I got to the camp, the campfire program had started, so I sat with Annaka for the program and didn't get our tent set up until afterwards. Once everything was actually set up, my attitude improved a lot and we ended up having a lot of fun. The next morning, we had breakfast with our ward and Annaka and her friends went on a little hike while I took camp down. Although it seems like a lot of work for just one night, I'm glad we do this every year and I hope Annaka will have as fond memories of our Daddy Daughter campouts as I do.

2 comments:

Kent said...

I bet our dad felt the same way as you on all those fathers and sons we went on. A lot of work (for him), but I look back and remember being the best fed site in the stake and all the fun we had. Making that kind of memory will pay dividends for you I am sure.

Glad to see Annaka enjoys the outdoors. I'm disappointed my family didn't do a little more outdoor stuff this year.

Anonymous said...

i hope daddy fuckedher