Monday, September 10, 2007

Be True to your School

One of the first dates Amy and I went on was to a BYU football game. We were season ticket holders as newlyweds and took our first child to a game before she was a year old. Since moving to Southern California, we always try to support our Alma Mater when they come to play football. This past Saturday, the Cougars came to play the UCLA Bruins at the Rose Bowl and we were there to show support for our school. Although the outcome wasn't what we hoped for, it was a fun day and brought back a lot of memories from attending BYU games in the past. The 3rd quarter got pretty exciting as the BYU offense cut the Bruin lead to 3 points. Unfortunately, the Cougars didn't score again and UCLA scored again with a couple minutes left to win 27-17. The game was much closer than the final score indicates, and BYU played well considering their opponent was ranked 13th in the nation (now 11th). Max Hall, the new Cougar QB was pretty impressive and has me excited for the rest of the season and years to come.



6 comments:

Maryann said...

We wish we could have been there. It looks like you had a great time. They did not even show the BYU vs. UCLA game on television here. Matt and I were disappointed. We may have to make our way down to Provo one weekend now that we are only 4 hours away.

Kent said...

Was that Carl with body paint and lettering on his chest? I knew he might get more liberal living out in California, but that one really surprised me!

Glad you had fun...wish I could have been with ya.

Amy said...

We just had to show everyone what the crazy Cougar fans do when not in Provo. They were pretty wild! And believe me Kent, Carl with his shirt off in Hawaii where it's okay to be shirtless on the beach was a miracle, but at a football game, covered in body paint?! I think you know what would have to freeze over before that would ever happen! Ha,ha!

Carl said...

Unfortunately, me in blue body paint would probably look more like Beast from the X-men than a die hard BYU fan. My wife is right, not gonna happen.

Anonymous said...

Wish I could have gone. Looks like fun.

http://bennettfamilyaz.blogspot.com

Megan said...

Hi Carl and Amy!! We found your blog through my brother and his wife - Ian and Megan...good to see an update on your family. Hope you guys are doing well!